the art of bookshelf

angelika taschen's home via the selby

whowhatwear's office via everything fabulous


ellie sommerville's studio via the lonny blog

string furniture photographed by petra bindle

apologies for being so slow at posting these days, i have been really busy with work and moving house... i haven't been doing any sparkapolooza briefs, i'm behind with all my blog readings and i completely screwed all my healthy may plans too :( 

it's ok, it's a new month (can you believe it's june already aggghhh!) and i need to be positive and get motivated and start eating healthier to make up for what i lost last month.

still in the spirit of moving house, i've been eyeing a lot of interior eye candy so bear with me if my next posts would most likely be around this topic. 

we haven't got any new furnitures at our new place as our budget was pretty much spent for renovations, so i've been quite fussy with decorating and styling and organising because small details matter and can make a difference. my next mission is bookshelf and above are some of my likings found on the internet. here's what i've learned:

▲ put different styles of stacking your books. have them stood up, piled up or tilted.

▲ colour coordination. light coloured, dark coloured or certain shades of coloured books sitting together.

▲ add some frames of photos or artworks. or show off a few of your nice looking book covers facing front.

▲ few stacks of boxes would be nice and handy to keep your stationery or knick-knacks.

▲ last but not least, combine with some natural coloured objects so not too overpowering the books, which are the main feature of what a bookshelf should have. i found white objects being used a lot - vases, candles, small sculptures. and globes are very popular too.

i now have some homework to tidy up and hunt for a few artworks to put on my bookshelf. have you got any articles about bookshelf styling that you've come across? or maybe a picture of your own bookshelf to share? do send the links through to me!

Comments

  1. the first bookshelf is just perfect and I would definitely needed one like that. I love furniture arrangement on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for your new house I can't wait for the pictures!
    And I totally agree that time flies so fast these past few weeks. I think we should just enjoy every moment with that.
    I do have a reference for a bookshelf, hope it will help: http://pinterest.com/danielecarrer/bookshelf-fetish/

    ReplyDelete
  3. these kind of things really are an art form!!
    i am still deciding what to do with my rooms since i am in the process of reorganizing my room as well. eheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure is an art. id say accessorizing is a total art. either you have it or you dont. i dont. im slowly learning from my mom. shes great at it. but bookshelves are the best confined little places to start, for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment